Home Repair Program
HOME REPAIR PROGRAM
Habitat for Humanity of Madison & Clark Counties Home Preservation program helps low-income homeowners who struggle to maintain the exterior of their homes, to reclaim their homes with pride and dignity. Our Home Preservation program offers painting, landscaping and minor repair services to eligible homeowners so they can continue to live in safe, decent homes for years to come. We also offer Critical Home Repairs to provide accessibility for those with limited mobility and repair to heavily damaged, critical home systems.
What kind of work or repair?
- Fence repair
- Yard cleaning
- Deck or porch replacement for repair for disabilities
- Siding, gutter, roofing replacement or repair
How does the program work?
- Habitat selects partner families based on income, need and willingness to partner.
- Habitat affiliates use volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low.
- The homeowner will provide a number of sweat equity hours relative to their specific scope of work.
- The home owner will contribute a minimum of $50 donation for the work